Owl Leadership Fellows
Be the Change
Do you want to engage in social justice?
When you look at the world around you what do you see? What can you do to make a difference? To be a leader? To practice the art of leadership?
When you become an Owl Leadership Fellow, you take the lead to influence change in your community. Using the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), you choose the focus area for which you are most passionate:
- Poverty and Hunger
- Health and Education
- Equality and Justice
- Environment and Sustainability
- Sustainable Cities and Infrastructure
Through your involvement, you:
- Contribute as a member of the CSL Advanced Leader League
- Apply your capacities for leadership in practical ways
- Learn life skills that will benefit you after college
- Work with a team of students to build community and influence positive change
- Create and present at workshops and conferences
- Build resources and knowledge to address complex issues
What are the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals?
On 1 January 2016, the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development - adopted by world leaders in September 2015 at a historic UN Summit - officially came into force. The SDGs, also known as Global Goals, build on the success of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and call for action by all countries to promote prosperity while protecting the planet.
To learn more, visit:
How can you get involved?
Are you ready to be the change you want to see in the world? To learn more this great opportunity, contact Laila Smith (email@example.com) in the Carmichael Student Center, room 172.
What is the time commitment to be an Owl Leadership Fellow?
The program consists of:
- weekly meetings
- engagement with campus and local organizations related to your social topic
- outreach in the local community